Situated between the course of the old canal and the Maumee River is the Maumee Sidecut Park. The park follows the course of a branch that connected the Miami and Erie Canal to the River. This allowed Perrysburg, across the river, to benefit from the canal commerce. Six lift locks were required and much of this can be seen today. In Maumee the Sally Kleever Towpath follows the canal bed.
Facing the river is the Wolcott House built in 1827. The rear was adjacent to the canal. Today this is the Wolcott House Museum, containing many canal items.